Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Cup your ear and give a listen.
Do you hear what I hear?
A Christmas Belle is ringing!
That would be my dear pal,

Lolly,
a self~described Cow Belle

ever since moving to America’s Dairyland a few winters gone by. Year 'round is how often Yuletide songs are playing at her house and an O Tannebaum, wealthy with trims, is a perpetual in her parlor! I know no one who loves Christmas as plentiful much as Lolly! And the day after Halloween is when I can without exception see coming a pre~Holiday parcel from my forever walking in a winter wonderland friend. She calls this special delivery her Jolly Jumpstart to me, a ‘Tis~the~Season~to~be~Ho! Ho! Ho! reminder, if you will, and yet another one of Lolly's ratherish ways to say words about it.

Penned in white~as~the~"driven," rolling script that had looks like the “Over the River and Through the Woods” song sounds, Lolly had written this “Open Me! Open Me! lure:

“I’m Dreaming of a....”

Depluming fingers of mine went fast to pluck free the small box from brown postal paper wrap, and then layers of illustrated candy cane tissue that amounted to oodles! Afterwhich, my eyes joyfully met up with a cartonned, “Lolly” two~word finish that would complete the package’s front side inscription, and begin a delicious Christmas story from her house to mine (whose “sips of” I take, amazingly taste like the North Pole itself!):

Noël sous la neige the blanc!
(Christmas in the snow white tea!)
What a lovely song
my unpolished French does make sings of!

Miss Lolly? Cup your ear and give a listen. Do you hear? Another Christmas chime resounds, this time, belling a plethora of Thank
~yous in a direction that leads to you!


Have yourself a
Merry
, Little Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. ~oh i hear and can't wait for it to be...i was just telling my littles i think we shall start celebrating early this year!! how sweet your friend is to send forth some l♥ve and a cup of tea...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've left some awards for your lovely blog over on my own if you'd like to drop by for a visit. <3

    http://thewhimsicalcottage.blogspot.com/2010/11/plethora-of-lovely-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've managed to prod me in to an early Christmas mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Dear Faerwillow! Our days be merry and bright! Thanks to Miss Suplicki (The Whimsical Cottage), Christmas has come early for the both of us, for awards she has generously sprinkled on you and me! Today, let's be Tannenbaums and our lovely recognitions be our tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful way to transition through November....preparing for the upcoming Yuletide Season.
    My Thanks to Miss Lolly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, so much that I have a blog award for you.

    You can grab it at http://moonbeamdancerspath.blogspot.com/

    Keep up the great blogs.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Music to my ears!!!
    Have a great week!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete